Is it possible to have visible abs without crunches?
Possible to have a tight and strong core without crunching it out for days? What tools are at your disposal for tightening up your midsection and giving you that crop top tummy you have dreamed of?
We all know that there is a kitchen somewhere out there where abs are made, but where is this kitchen? Well jokes aside, I have compiled a list of the top ways to whittle your midsection as I know this has been on your minds. Lots of people do not know that it is possible to get abs without crunches! Here are the tools and tricks I have used on myself and clients to fix that tummy
- If you have had children, then please please please focus on fixing your diastasis with gentle core exercises that exclude planks and crunches. It takes some work learning how to activate your transverse abdominis. But once you do you will be thanking your stars for giving you your pre baby tummy back! This includes exercises like vacuums and bent knee drops.
- Focus on your reaching your daily steps goal of at least 10000 steps. This many not sound like much but it certainly increases your daily calorie burn. And we know that it is fat that hides that core away! Your non exercise thermogenesis still counts for something. Don’t just skip daily movement because you have gone to the gym.
- HIIT is the best thing since sliced bread! (although I would suggest you skip the bread). HIIT raises your core temperature quickly, and assists with increasing your basal metabolic rate. It will help shred your tummy fat!
- Increase your ab training volume. There is mixed research on this one, however we have collectively see this benefit. Increasing your ab workouts and rep ranges can make a huge difference to how your abs appear. This is true even when you are at a higher body fat percentage.
- Be aware of what foods bloat you and what foods do not agree with you. Eliminating or at least reducing these foods can surely lessen the tummy circumference. I know for a fact sugar is my enemy, a couple days of increased intake and that belly wants to hang out!
I hope this answers some of your tummy tightening questions and please share your results with us 😉
Good luck and see you soon at the mind.booty.soul pop-up experience